1. Computational Advances in Numerical and Analytical Methods, Direct and Inverse problems, Practical Applications
2. Constitutive Modeling for Soils and Rocks, and Interfaces and Joints
3. Microcracking, Fracture. Localization, Failure
4. Coupled Phenomena, Hydro- Thermo- Chemico- Mechanical Response of Geomaterials, Electrical and Thermal Properties of Clays, Clay Membrane Behavior
5. Testing and Modeling: Laboratory and Field Testing, Physical Modeling, Geotechnical Centrifuge Modeling.
6. Artificial Intelligence Techniques/Methods: Neural Networks, Expert Systems, Reliability, Data-mining, Case-based Reasoning, Risk Analysis, Genetic Algorithms
7. Computers and Information Technology: Real-time Instrumentation and Monitoring, Risk Assessment and Management
8. Emerging Geomechanics: Unsaturated Soil and Rock Mechanics, Carbon sequestration, Multi-physics & Multi-scale, Micromechanics, Nanomechanics, Bio-Geo Interface: Molecular mechanics and Molecular Interactions in clays
9. Geoenvironmental Engineering: Waste Disposal, Containment, Isolation, Alternative Covers, Remediation, Recycled Materials, Mining issues
10. Flow and Contaminant Transport in Porous Media: Seepage, Contaminant Transport, Fractured Media
11. Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics: Wave Propagation, Liquefaction, Blast Loading, Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction
12. Geo-Hazard Mitigation: Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Cyclones, Landslides, Tsunamis
13. Foundation Engineering: Shallow and Deep Foundations, Offshore and Petroleum Geomechanics
14. Soil Improvement: Staged Construction, Preloading, Dynamic Deep Compaction, Shallow and Deep Soil Mixing, Soil Additives, Reinforcement, Geosynthetics, refabricated Vertical Drains, Vacuum consolidation.
15. Geotechnical Structures: Retaining Structures, Finite and infinite Slopes, Dams, Levees, Pipes, Caverns, Mines, Tunnels, Bore-well stability, Sustainable Construction, Quality control.
16. Infrastructure Geomechanics: Transportation Geotechnology, Airports, Canals, Pavements, Ports and Harbors, Railroads
17. Slope Stability: Natural Slopes, Deep Seated Gravitational Movements, Landslides, Rock Avalanches, Rock Falls, Flows and Glacier Mechanics
18. Case Histories: Prediction, Performance and Evaluation, Forensic Studies, Back Analysis: Pre-failure and Failure
19. Geomechanics for Ancient Monuments, Preservation and Rehabilitation
20. Geotechnical Education and Professional Practice